Suppose you are a PM at Meru Cabs. You want to conduct a competitor analysis of the cab market to improve your understanding of the industry.
Download the file ‘Competitor Analysis.pptx’ (given at the bottom of this page) and populate the slides in this presentation by following these guidelines which the SME spoke about in the video.
- Identify direct and indirect competitors (2 each)
- Choose any 1 direct competitor to proceed further. Let’s call it DC1 for now.
- Compare the company backgrounds of DC1 and Meru Cabs. Can think on these points: goals, mission, strategies, current employees, funding, revenue details, founders’ profiles.
Compare the business models of DC1 and Meru Cabs. This should include:
- The cities in which they operate
- The target market in which they operate
- The revenue model
- (To make your analysis more exhaustive, you can also mention ‘the shifts in the business model’ which either DC1 or Meru Cabs had to make in the past, and the reasons for doing so.)
Compare the strengths and weaknesses of DC1 and Meru Cabs. Include points such as:
- Compare what works well and what doesn’t for DC1 with Meru Cabs
- What are the pain points which the customers of DC1 and Meru Cabs face while using their service? Also, quote the source from where you get these pain points. You can get these pain points from appstore/playstore, social media, articles, blogs or talking to their customers.
Compare the product details and performances of DC1 and Meru Cabs. A few examples of the parameter could be:
- How many app downloads do they have (across all OS platforms)?
- What are the app ratings?
- How is the user experience of the apps?
- How is the overall functionality of the apps?
- Predict the future initiatives of DC1. This could be: addition of new features, entering into a different vertical